cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 33

BT Wifi and Roberts Radio

Hello, I was given a lovely Robert Radio Istream 3 for Christmas and have not been able to connect it to my home BT wifi. I have a BT Smart Hub 2 and the radio won't find the network when it searches and I have tried to connect via the UNDOK app, but it won't find the network that way either. My wifi works very well with strong signal and all is good on that front. 

I was in contact with Roberts who exchanged the radio but still the same.

After research I have tried switching off the SmartSetup and the security around the wifi but still nothing. 

Has anyone had this problem or can help? All suggestions very very gratefully received. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT Wifi and Roberts Radio

@ian2021 

Welcome to this user forum.

Try a different wireless mode.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-the-wireless-mode-feature-on-my-bt-smart-hub-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

Alternatively, have you tried to connect by WPS? It's quick and secure.
That version of the Roberts Radio should support WPS.

I use WPS with the Roberts 83i, which is a much older version.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

Thanks for this - have tried (on two and three) but alas no change
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 33

Thank you - alas yes but the radio just doesn't seem to pick up the signal. Hmmmm.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

Some devices get confused with the 2 wifi bands having the same SSID. It can sometimes be resolved by temporarily turning off the 5Ghz band, connect the radio and then turn the 5Ghz band back on. If you don't have any 5Ghz devices, you could leave the 5Ghz band off permanently.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

Thank you - I tried that and restarted the hub, but it still wouldn't find it. I am baffled. Thank you very much for the suggestion though.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 33

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

I have - alas nothing .... thank you.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 33

I don't pretend to understand the following text, I just copied it from https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/BT-HH5-Spotify-Premium-and-Roberts-Stream-93i-streaming-...

I think it's saying try toggling UPNP

"I've just managed to setup the Roberts radio to stream music though UPNP.

When purchased this feature was not available on the Roberts, but since then the Software was updated, and more importantly the instruction book was updated.

However the Roberts is still not "air-play" enabled, (there's a new software update available but don't yet know what it will do) so I can't connect wirelessly to the Ipod touch (3g). So the answer is to use an air play enabled receiver and buy an Ipod touch - which is going to cost you a lot of money!"

0 Ratings