cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT or OPenreach issue?

Good afternoon all, 

So I pre-ordered FTTP broadband with BT a few weeks ago and initially was given an estimated go-live date of 11th May (tomorrow) as Openreach needed to come out and install our GPON terminal (new build property). Openreach visited last week and installed the GPON terminal and said it would take 24 hours to activate and sync up. Sure enough, 24 hours later the PON light turned solid green. 

I then received my BT home hub on Saturday and went ahead and connected it all up, and to my surprise, we were receiving a connection and getting near to advertised speeds. 

However, this morning the Fibre connection has disconnected (home hub orange). But the GPON lights all remain lit solid (PON and POWER). When calling BT this morning sharing that we had been up and running all weekend, they shared that Openreach needs to run tests and unfortunately our go-live date has now been pushed back to 25th May!!! saying that it is down to Openreach and nothing BT can do. 

I then spoke with an Openreach engineer who left his details with me when installing. He advised me that they don't need to do any further testing and as our PON light is solid green this denotes that it is all synced fine and should receive a connection and it is BT who have disconnected. 

I don't understand why we had stable Fibre over the weekend (prior to our original go-live date of 11th)  and this morning BT saying our go-live date has been put back a further 2 weeks!? Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any advice on how I get BT to bring this date forward. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT or OPenreach issue?

Speak to the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT or OPenreach issue?

Thanks, Licquorice. I have done so in the last 30 minutes but the team is still insisting on Openreach are dictating the go-live date and saying that this cannot be brought forward? 

Confused, especially having the service running over the weekend. 

0 Ratings