cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT saying issue with line to property in new build

Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to these forums as I have only now joined BT as moving to my first house next week. So I placed my order last week for BT TV & internet and everything went through okay, my activation was set for 9th July which is the day I move which was perfect. Then a couple of days later I received a phone call saying they tried doing a remote activation test but there was an issue so the new activation date is the 16th July? 

I contacted my house builder as they could check the modem in the property to see if there was an issue and they confirmed openreach came out and confirmed everything is working as normal and the lights on the box are green waiting for activation.

I am now in a situation where I may be without internet for over a week which won’t be good because I work from home? Does anyone know who would be best to talk to the builder, openreach or try Bt again? As I feel everything is set up right and BT are just delaying? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT saying issue with line to property in new build

Go to solution

Ring the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT saying issue with line to property in new build

Go to solution

Could be an ONT (what you refer to as a Modem) Mismatch. 

ONT’s are Individually Serial Numbered and Registered against a specific Head End.

If the Serial Number in your property doesn’t match up with the one on Openreach’s/BT’s records then it will need updating.

Ring the FTTP Number as given above and they’ll be able to check what Serial Number they have registered against your address against the one that’s actually in there.

0 Ratings