cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT vision box degrading broadband

Hi

we have a BT vision box and draytek router running wireless repeaters via CAT 6 cabling throughout house.

Speed coming into house is 34Mbps as confirmed by BT and when tested. We get c.30 Mpbs via the Draytek and the wireless repeaters so all good. BUT when we plug the BT vision box in the broadband at the Draytek router drops to 17MBPS and virtually nothing at the repeaters. this has only started happening over last few weeks and only change is we have subscribed to more sports channels (sky sports).

To check this wasnt a problem with Draytek BT vision compatibility. I have installed the BT home 6 hub directly to the phone socket (with no repeaters running) and get 29Mbps BUT if i plug BT vision box in this drops to 15MBPS???

It seems that the BT vision box is flooding the network with data that is grinding teh bradband to a stop. I cannot understand why teh BT vision is degrading the Broadband by >50% and killig the wireless repeaters??

the home hub 6 iand BT vision boxes are brand new replacements and identical issues occur with the old equipment.

Seems we can have Broadband or BT/sky sports but not both.

Any suggestions/ideas?

thanks

0 Ratings