cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Switchover Not Active

My broadband was supposed to switch over from a basic Sky service to a BT Fibre1 service on Monday 17th August. I had a confirmation email that this had happened at 9.30am on the 17th but the new BT hub just sits with an orange light and there is no broadband active. I tried my old router and that didn't work either. Called BT and did the usual socket checks and was told that an engineer was needed. This appointment is not until 3rd September and I need to work from home so this is not great! I already had a BT land line and that is still working fine - the Sky broadband was also working perfectly well until the switchover date. I'm not clear what an engineer can do at my house when it just seems that something hasn't been switched on properly. Are there any other things I can ask BT to do before the 3rd September that might speed this up? Any suggestions gratefully received! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Switchover Not Active

Were you porting your number from sky to BT.

if you connect to test socket with filter and dial 150 do you get BT?

if you do have you tried connecting filter to test socket and hub to filter and see if you get connection - blue light on hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Switchover Not Active

Hi - not switching numbers as that was already with BT. It was only the broadband moving to merge in to a single account and tariff. I've tried the test socket and the line is fine but hub is still orange. 

0 Ratings