cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Broadband goes off when rain starts

Hello,

Looking for help with a broadband connection that drops whenever it starts raining.

Behaviour is extremely consistent: at the onset of rain, even a light shower, the broadband connection will drop (orange light on the Hub). Roughly ten minutes later the connection will re-establish, even if it's still raining. If the rain then stops and re-starts the connection will drop out again then re-establish a few minutes later. BTWifi-with-FON is also unavailable during this time. Over the summer, when we had no rain for months, I wasn't aware of a single drop in connection. The past couple of months, though, have seen intermittent showers accompanied by a drop in connection every single time. This is a long-standing problem which I have raised with the Helpdesk several times, to no help.

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Broadband goes off when rain starts

You have a line fault not a broadband fault. Report an intermittant noisy line when it rains. A line engineer will check the line for water ingress.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Hi thank you for replying. 

My line has been tested and they say it's fine. I don't have a phone plugged in never have. An engineer said it was a broadband fault.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

If you've had an engineer out why didn't he fix it? There is oviously water ingress on the line which needs a line engineer to locate and resolve.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 21

FTTC or FTTP ?

Message 6 of 21

@Anonymous  Obviously FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

I have had many engineers here and now they say it is a ghost fault and they cant find it. Help desk told me I have too many devices connected I have 17 devices but not all get used. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Help desk talking utter tosh as usual, engineers just hopeless. There is a line fault and they are just too incompetent to find it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

So how do I get this fixed?  Just live with it? I'm in Scotland it rains all the time 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Then it should  be easy to find, keep reporting the fault until you get a competent engineer.

0 Ratings