cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband problems

For the past few days we have been having problems with slow or no broadband. I am having to reset the hub, (smart hub) several times a day, which works for a while, I get a low ping speed (7 on average) and a good 40mbps instantly, however over time this drops to around 10mbps with a ping speed in the hundreds, sometimes up to 500. This is with wired as well as wifi.

I have checked all the connections and tried checking the master socket, however after removing the faceplate and plugging straight in, I just get a constant flashing purple light.

Any suggestions as to what to do next would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband problems

You probably should try at the master socket with a known working ( preferably corded ) phone and check for noise, ( call 17070 and take the quiet line test option ) any ‘noise’ could well affect your broadband, if noisy , report your line faulty, but given that you say you get a flashing purple light in the test socket you may have no dialtone and that could because what you think of as the master isn’t the master socket, or it’s incorrectly wired as the test socket should be the first access point to the line, so why would the router sync when the socket is assembled but not in the test port 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I only have the one socket,  which I know is a master socket. I did try ringing 17070 and there was no noise on the line. Could it be a failing router?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Sounds like you need an engineer out. Call it in.

0 Ratings