cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 22

Re: Broadband speed v cabinet capabilityg

Is there anyone who can help me with my questions above, please?
Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 22

Re: Broadband speed v cabinet capabilityg

@ingvorp wrote:

Hi

Did my hub stats while plugged into the test socket reveal anything 'interesting'? I also have a couple of other questions..

1. What actually determines the Max Data Rate and is that something that is manually controlled (by BT)?

the main considerations is the quality of your line and distance from street cabinet  it is not controlled by BT

2. Is the fact that my Network Uptime/DSL Uptime often reads between 0 and 4 days (and I haven't re-set the router) any cause for concern?

If you are not resetting then something is causing drop in internet connection and most likely cause is line noise 

3. The download speed when I run speedtest.net (to a wireless device) is oftem between 30 - 40 Mb but I have also had readings of 8.10, 3.64 & 15.83 lately ....is that likely to just be symptomatic of using wifi or possibly something else?

This is typical of the vagueries of speeds over wifi

Thanks again for any guidance!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.