cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Broken extension plug

@scottie10  No photos attached. You need to use the camera icon in the toolbar to attach pictures.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Optimized-IMG_9345 (3).jpgIMG_9349.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Its not just a plug, it appears to be a combined extension lead/socket/plug device. As it would appear to be ok electrically, a drop of superglue would be the simplest answer. Alternatively, replace the whole extension lead.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Hi 

Many thanks for all of your replies, I took your advice Liquorice and put a bit of super glue on the plug in the hope that all would be OK however whilst I got a dialling tone off the extension unfortunately the broadband wouldn't connect, just got the flashing orange light. When I connected direct into the master socket no problem at all, the fact that I have a dialling tone but can't access broadband does this suggest there's a problem with the plug after all?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Are you connecting the extension plug via the filter that is shown in the photo?  If so, broadband won't work at the extension as the line will be filtered. Connect directly to the master socket and use the filter at the extension.

0 Ratings