cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bt tv pro box with LG TV

I have just received the new-ish bt tv pro box. My understanding was that during the setup process the box would automatically enable the BT  button on the remote to turn both the box AND the tv on and off. What I am finding is that it does turn both on correctly but when you use the same button to turn off , initially both go off but within 10 seconds the tv powers back up again. 

any thoughts.

Roy
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt tv pro box with LG TV

@Bodgerco Hi Roy, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. My LG TV does the exact same on two different set-top box remotes from different manufacturers. I find that a long press of the on/off button turns the TV off and a quick press turns off the BT TV box. If I get my timings wrong I often turn the TV back on by mistake. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 4

Hi Neil

you are correct. I find a long press turns both the tv pro box AND the LG TV off. If that press is too short the TV comes back on. It appears that if you wait till the STB box light goes off before releasing the remote button then it is reliable - or as reliable as I can deduce from a test of at least four attempts.

Thanks again.

As a separate unrelated point , I feed the sound from the TV via an optical link to my Sonos Playbar  and was frustrated by the fact that I couldn’t control the sound output (volume) using the BT remote. However in the Sonos app I found a way to teach the Sonos to respond to the BT remote and so now I am in heaven; I can use just one remote ( BT TV) to a) turn everything on and off  b) control the stb and c) control the Sonos volume. 

Roy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Bodgerco No problem, I believe it's the way the LG TV works as I didn't experience this until I recently changed from a Panasonic that just stayed off with one press of the button. 

Many thanks for sharing your experience, I'm sure others who visit the forum will find it useful 😁

Neil

0 Ratings