cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can I watch BT Sport via the BT Sport App on Fire TV Stick 4K with my existing subscription?

Go to solution

I currently have BT Fibre 1 and subscribe to BT Sport in HD which is delivered through a Sky Q box. As I pay BT and not Sky for BT Sport, I cannot watch BT Sport on the Sky Q mini box without paying the extra box subscription to BT.

Could I instead use the BT Sport App on a Fire TV stick 4K to view BT Sport on another TV based on my current subscription i.e. without having to pay any more money? If so, would it be in SD or HD on the Fire Stick. I would imagine that to get BT Sport Ultimate through the Fire stick would require an extra payment but could make do without that if it was still in HD.

I find the whole BT Sport set up very confusing with all of the different delivery methods 🙂

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can I watch BT Sport via the BT Sport App on Fire TV Stick 4K with my existing subscription?

Go to solution

I work on BT Sport, and even I struggle to remember the rules sometimes!

As long as you're paying BT for your BT Sport subscription, I believe the answer should be yes.  You can check for yourself by following the steps on https://www.bt.com/help/id003 to make sure your BT ID is set up correctly, and then try to watch BT Sport 1 on the web: https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/live-now/bt-sport-1

If you can watch BT Sport live on the web, you can log into BT Sport on Amazon Fire.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Can I watch BT Sport via the BT Sport App on Fire TV Stick 4K with my existing subscription?

Go to solution

Thanks @DarrenDev . I tried those links and I was able to view BT Sport on the web on my PC so I guess I have my answer.

Will wait for a price drop on the 4K fire stick and see how it goes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Is the BT App not available anymore on the FireStick? I just bought one and can’t find it. Even after updates
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
BT Sport is still available on the Fire Stick, as long as your Amazon account is set to UK. Google for "change amazon account country" for instructions on how to check/change it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I just did a search on the Firestick and 'BT BT' and 'BT Sport' apps both come.

@Yaya972wrote:
Is the BT App not available anymore on the FireStick? I just bought one and can’t find it. Even after updates

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings