cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cannot access Home Hub 3 Advanced settings

Go to solution

I was unable to access the internet yesterday using my 3rd party router so after trying numerous times to get it to work, I contacted BT who ran line checks and found no issues, because I was using a 3rd party router they were a bit reluctant to help but they did run a basic level of tests on the router and again found no issues. They advised me to swap back to the Hub 3 which I did and luckily enough the internet started working again. After setting all my devices back up using the new router I wanted to check if it was using the most up to date firmware (I doubt it as I haven't used it for quite a few years). I don't seem to be able to access the advanced settings on the Hub home page so please can someone tell me how to do this please?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot access Home Hub 3 Advanced settings

Go to solution

I've never had a hub3 so can't tell you exactly, but you will need to enter the hub admin password that should be either on a label or on the base of the hub to access the advanced settings.

Knowing the version of firmware will be of no help to you as you are unable to update it manually in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I have entered the admin password but all I can access are the basic settings, if I cannot update the firmware manually that is ok but I would like to know what level it is running at and if that is the most up to date level.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I could be wrong, but I very much doubt if the hub3 firmware has been updated for years.

How will knowing the version help you?

Edit: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Hub3-firmware-question/td-p/1812346

0 Ratings