cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Change device names BT Smart Hub (HH6)

Hi All,

I'm trying to change the device names on the home network as we have quite a few similar devices between people, and have always found it useful to keep a track off.

But I've had an issue renaming two smart phones of the same make and model, (with the same OS version). Any name or 'picture' changes I make to one connected device, happens to the other... Even through they have different MAC addresses and different IP addresses. 

I assumed, and I though I had done it in the past, that we could name individual devices, and not we are not just labelling devices of the same type. This isn't a problem for two laptop or two TVs that are different models.

I tried emptying browser history/cache, forgetting network on both phones and then splitting the bands and trying to connect one device to one and one to the other. No Joy. Any change to one name affects the other. 

I've also tried playing around with static and manual IP addresses.

The downside is now I can't 'unseperate' the bands. even after a factory reset, they are still separated. As the line connection is so new (and because I'm lazy) I would prefer the bands to be unsplit, at least until I can monitor any drop out or issues.

Anyone got any suggestions?

0 Ratings