cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Changing the entry point for the fibre

Go to solution

I have BT fibre broadband entry point in the porch which will be demolish in the next few months because we will be extending our house.
I would want to move the entry point to the side of the building so I contacted BT support to schedule this work and they told me it's impossible. They don't have this option in the list of the work that can be carried out by Openreach. They can come and fix it if it is accidentally damaged during the construction work but they still won't change entry point. 

The question is if anyone has movedBT fibre broadband entry point recently and if so how did you do. this. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Changing the entry point for the fibre

Go to solution

@rawanqsddzz 

I suspect that you would need to contact Openreach directly, and pay for this work, as it may involve more work that you estimate.

https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/altering-our-network

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe  I understand I would have to pay for this. I also spoke to Openreach engineers who were working on the street and they told me that I would have to go via my broadband provider and the provider need to book/arrange  this work for me. I also contacted Openreach support directly and their answer was exactly the same. 

Thanks for the link to the form. I will submit it now and see what the response is going to be. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@rawanqsddzz 

I would guess that BT Retail do not have a process for fibre, only copper re-arrangements which are much simpler.

Fibre relocation would be much more involved, as it would be going back to a CSP, which may also need moving. There are a few fibre installation experts on this forum, which may give you a better idea  what may be involved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Keith is correct. You would only go through BT if you wanted an ONT Shift.

As you want the External Network Altering you would need to use the link provided by Keith.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Starwire 

Thanks for that, I knew you would have the answer 😀

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks @Starwire! Which one would be the right one (or the closest) to select from the list? 

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 08.36.00.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Either move underground cable(s) or move overhead (cables) depending on whether your line is fed from a pole or underground.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Yeah you need to speak to Openreach, but be prepared for a long wait, they've got such a huge backlog of people moving their fibre installations that were put in odd places during COVID Restrictions that they keep closing down new requests to clear it, I've been told to ring back in a couple of months to even request to get mine done.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Cochis 

What you’re talking about is ONT Shifts, these are simple jobs that can easily be done by Service Delivery Engineers as it just requires moving the EZ Bend Cable and ONT.

What the OP is talking about is a complete shift of the External Network, which would most likely need to be done by a Fibre and Network Delivery Team as well as a Civils Team.

0 Ratings