cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Community Fibre Partnership

@iniltouswrote:

This may come over as argumentative, it’s not intended to be, simply that questions for OR addressed to BT are inappropriate, having said all that, I believe I addressed the OP’s point anyway, that is service will be available to some that don’t contribute, but the CFP doesn’t contribute the full cost, so those that do contribute are not in a position to dictate that those who don’t contribute should be excluded.

In this case yes you are. 

Nobody is asking questions.  We are just exchanging views/information on CFP. 

I'm sure if we were customers of another ISP then a similar discussion might possible take place on it's forum.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Once a CFP is in place , the ordering process is the same as someone who lives in a ‘native’ FTTP area, where Openreach have simply provided the FTTP network , which is the vast majority of the OR  FTTP rollout areas.

Openreach charge an installation fee to the provider, this is a standard fee ( this info can be obtained from the Openreach price list ) but because the individual ISP has the billing relationship with the consumer , there will be variations on each ISP’s ‘retail offer’, some ISP may chose to offer ‘free’ installation, absorbing the install charge, ( or ameliorate it over the term of the contract ) others may charge a fee which can vary , as does the ISP monthly fee the ISP charges for the service ( again OR charge a set monthly fee depending on the bandwidth the ISP takes ) but the consumer pays whatever the ISP charges.

Once the consumer ‘data’ is handed over from OR into the ISP network  then OR have no involvement or charging with that , but it will have costs, as well as billing, administration, marketing etc that contribute towards whatever the ISP charges.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Thanks for the information, all understood, you've been very helpful, here's to the fast fibre future!

0 Ratings