cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Connecting Samsung Galaxy A10 to Superhub

Hello,

Just set up a BT smart hub and all devices in the house have connected to the wifi no problem(mostly Apple devices).

However there is one Samsung Galaxy A10 that does not like the new wifi and only connects well within a metre of the hub. If you dare to leave the room the connection is gone! I understand from various searches that this may have something to do with the fact that these phones only operate on the 2.4GHz connection and not the 5GHz, but wondered if there was some way to improve the performance???

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connecting Samsung Galaxy A10 to Superhub

Hi @AileronJ0n,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with your Wifi connection on your Galaxy A10. 

You could try changing the wireless channel on your Smart Hub to see if that helps improve the connection.

How to change the wireless channel 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Connecting Samsung Galaxy A10 to Smarthub 2

Thanks for your reply Paddy,

When I go in to the settings there does not seem to be a way to separate the channels so I don't have the option of having 2 separate networks from the same hub. Is there another way of doing this?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: Connecting Samsung Galaxy A10 to Smarthub 2

if you have the SH2 you cannot separate the 2.4/5ghz networks

you can change the 2.4ghz channel in hub wifi which may help

have you turned of smart setup  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings