cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Connection repeatedly dropping

Is there a way to contact BT by chat or email? I hate to wait for hours on phone. 

The easier option would be to open line for other providers so I can switch. I am stuck with BT because of their anti-competitive behaviour.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connection repeatedly dropping

you appear to have just moved to BT probably due to the reward card incentive.  you were free to select any ISP before joining BT - there is no 'anti competitive behavior by BT.  if you have proof then report to OFCOM

if you want help from the forum then

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

First of all, if you work for BT you can clearly check the line at my address is not open for other service providers. When I moved home I searched for all the providers and wanted to avoid BT.
As for reward scheme, it's of no use.  Now I am paying £32/month so even with the reward BT is expensive.
So keep your comments to yourself.
It was also easier to contact TalkTalk using mobile app via chat and I didn't had to wait on phone for hours and hours.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Also your solution is useless. When I go to 192.168.1.254 what is HH5, nothing there on the page. There is no HH6/SH2 etc.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

First of all the only BT employees are the small moderation team.

Home Hub 5, Home Hub 6 and Super Hub, any of which enable your internet connection.

Openreach supply the line and its use is available to all ISP's not just BT.

Perhaps if you actually stated your problem someone may be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

All I see at the top is Smart Hub 2 manager.
How can I state the problem more accurately. All my devices disconnect automatically from the internet randomly. There is no specific pattern to it. They just disconnect for 10-30 sec and then reconnect automatically. It's really annoying during calls when we are in the middle of pandemic.

PS: re ISP's I have checked with multiple ISPs they confirmed that BT has not opened the lines yet to them. I don't want to comment on this further as this is not the topic and I have tried my best to keep my previous connection. I am also paying separate for TV which won't make any sense if I can get internet from other providers.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

From the smart hub manager go to advanced settings/technical log/information and post a copy of that page.

Try the quiet line test. 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. should be silent between announcements.

Turn off smart set up.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off- 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If you enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar you should get sh2 manager you then need to enter admin password which is on hub so you can now go to advanced settings then technical log information (not the actual logs) no post the information using camera

how to upload photo.PNG

Are you using wireless or Ethernet when you are dropping internet connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings