cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Correcting error on Openreach database

Go to solution

Hopefully I have it sorted now, took 3 different phone numbers to call at Sky and countless menu options before I got to speak to someone but they say they have made the change.
The correct address still isn't showing on BT but does on Plusnet (although comes up times out once selected), I will try EE tomorrow. Apparently from what I have read elsewhere it can take a few days for the updates to get fully distributed throughout the various networks?

Colin.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Correcting error on Openreach database

Go to solution

Just thought I would update everyone almost 3 months later.

The Openreach database was corrected by Sky but even after a few days only Plusnet said they could switch me over to their FTTC and retain my phone number, so I went with them.

Phone switched to Plusnet fairly quickly but lost my number, Plusnet said no problem we can get it back when the broadband gets switched over.

Well, it took until the 2nd June to get broadband and that was only ADSL, no problem they said they will set it up and switch to Fibre but I couldn't get my Router to connect. Turned out I had been connected to the wrong line and yet another phone number.

Eventually I got it switched over without a phone connection and had to apply for a re-number to get my old number back (with no guarantee I would, due to it being lost for over 31 days).

Eventually had the right number and a very slow ADSL and had to wait 7 days for the number to show on the system before I could switch to Fibre.

That brings me to now, waiting for Fibre to be connected, fingers crossed for Monday.

Good News is I can now switch to BT via my EE Mobile and they will buy me out of my Plusnet Contact up to £300 (should be within 3 months to make it financially worthwhile).

0 Ratings