cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

DIgital Voice - second handset won't register

Hi

We've just got digital voice up and running with Smart Hub2 and the new handsets.  The first handset registered no problem but the second one will not register.  It says "press and hold the WPS button for 2 seconds" then it says "registering" then after a minute or so it goes back to "press and hold the WPS button".  Anyone know what the problem is?

Sally

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: DIgital Voice - second handset won't register

Hi @salnite 

On the handset, try going to Settings/Reset. If that doesn't help it might be worth removing the batteries for a minute and trying again.

The last resort would be to reset the Smart Hub by pushing a pen or something into the rest hole on the back, hold it in until the light goes off. Before doing this though, if you've already added numbers to your phone book you'll need to export them otherwise you'll lose them when you reset the Hub.

To export contacts, enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar. Then click on your phone number, select the Contacts Tab and then Export to save them to a place of your choice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I don't think I can get to settings - I can only get the "Register to the hub" screen and the "Press and hold the WPS" screen. No menu or other options.  The broadband has already been off and on again - didn't help.  I'll try removing the batteries.  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If your line has dropped it might be worth resetting the Hub and try registering the handsets again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Try this, when you have blue WPS light flashing, press OK button on handset.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

after going to hub manager then selecting phone number did you try resetting base and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings