cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Daily disconnects at 1am

I'm on Fibre 250 (G.Fast) which has been happily sat at around 300/50 since the install in Nov as I live rather close to the local cab. For the past 2 weeks, at around 1am I lose connection. The DSL (and obviously the Internet) light on my Openreach modem go off, and the DSL starts flashing again and re-syncs around 60 seconds later, then 10 seconds later the connection is restored. 

The OR modem is plugged directly in to the G.Fast faceplated master socket and given it's this losing the DSL connection, I'm confident it's nothing at my end.

It looks like DLM has now picked up the disconnects as faults and has dropped me down to a 240Mbps profile 😞

Any suggestions?  

Thank you in advance!

Jim

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Daily disconnects at 1am

have you check to see if any noise on line   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

do you have anything in your home which switches on/off round about that time - central heating, lights etc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I dont have phone, havent had a home phone for many years, I don't even have one to test the line.

I say 1am, it's somewhere between 12.30am and 1.30am but its guaranteed daily, only been happening for 2 weeks, was fine previous months, nothing in the house going on or off at that time other than my PC which is usually how I notice it goes off. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the most common cause of connection problems is line noise and is first thing to rule out  maybe you can borrow phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings