cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Data usage watching BT sports through EE dongle.

Does this seem right and if so how do I lower my usage. I'm watching BT sports through the app on my tv. I'm the only user of my my EE dongle.

Game started @ 20:00 I had 169.4gb.

At 20:23 I had 165.4gb.

At 20:39 I had 164.9gb and at 20:46 I had 164.4gb left.  

At this rate I will only get to watch 1/4 of the games I expected for my 200gb allowance, although some sites/store said watching a full game on BT sports only used around 5gb, ive used more than that the 1st half, cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Data usage watching BT sports through EE dongle.

What resolution are you watching in, HD or 4K ?, AFAIK, opinion seems to be HD about 5Mb/s and 4K 25Mb/s , so roughy 1.5Gb/hour HD (1080p) 7.2GB/hour 4K, so your 4.5Gb between 8pm and 8.40pm seems ballpark for 4K

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Which channel are you watching on @dazza197575 ? BT Sport Ultimate will use a LOT more data than the regular channels. Select the Channels tab in the app and then watch from there and you'll see usage drop significantly.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, I'm using the App through my TV. I do believe I was watching it in HD but couldn't see an option (like I used to get) to watch in normal mode. By the end of the game (1hr 50mins) I ended up using around 9gb, cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The app on your TV won't ask you what version you want to watch.

If you click the match from the first screen you see in the app then it'll take you to the best quality that your subscription supports - in your case, that'll be BT Sport Ultimate.

Instead of clicking the event there, select the Channels tab at the top of the screen and then select the channel that is showing the content you want to watch. That'll then play it in HD - you'll see a prompt asking if you want to watch on Ultimate, which you can then dismiss to continue watching at HD quality.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank you, I'll give it a go next game on 🙂
0 Ratings