cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Deal accepted then page crashed

Go to solution

Hiya
My BT broadband is due to finished in December. Yesterday I received an Email showing me my options if I stayed with BT . Among the deals was one for £19.99 providing I signed up quickly. I clicked to proceed and got most of the way through only for the page to go off line "we'll be right back". I gave up eventually and went to bed. This morning the deal has disappeared! Can anyone help me please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Deal accepted then page crashed

Go to solution

@lyn6 

Are you sure it was from BT, as there are lots of scam emails circulating which make you enter your account details, just to steal them. £19.99 seems  much too cheap, unless its just for a landline service?

Its also a bit too early to offer renewals for December.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Keith. Definitely BT as I logged in to access it. Luckily I took a screen shot 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@lyn6 wrote:

Hi Keith. Definitely BT as I logged in to access it. Luckily I took a screen shot 🙂 

Provided you did not log in via a link posted in the email, and instead logged into MyBT the usual way, then you should be fine.

Its very  easy for an email link to take you to a copy of what you would expect to see, although its a fake page.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/email-security/what-is-a-phishing-scam--is-the-email-i-have-received-g...

• Is the email trying to create a sense of urgency or panic? A common tactic of fraudsters

I would not have expected a message saying they would be right back, as its an automated page.

You can always ring BT and find out whether anything was sent. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

100% BT site

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@lyn6 wrote:

100% BT site

Then it may be worth calling 0800 800 030, and confirm that the offer was accepted, as it does seem very cheap.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Just called them. The guy spoke to his manager who said it was an online deal so I needed to speak on the chat line. 

That directs me to log on which takes me to the pages to offers today (not yesterday) or to contact the community (you) - and so the circle is complete 🙂 🙂 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Can you post the screenshot?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry I've just been on chat. They say there is nothing they can do a offer isn't available and offered me £24.99. There's a new offer of £21.92 online tonight! 
They've lodged a complaint but nothing will happen because I rejected the £24.99 offer they made

lyn6_0-1633540626224.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Late last night I received an email to say they'd closed my complaint down. I spoke to them again this evening and they have honoured to price offered to me before site crashed. Thanks for your advice.

0 Ratings