cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Delay between Openreach network completion in an area and BT product availability

Hi, 
Living in one of the rural locations chosen by BT for its fibre rollout (Culcheth), I have been eagerly awaiting completion of openreach's network upgrades. On Christmas Day I recieved the best present ever, an email from Openreach telling me that their work in my street was now complete with up to Gb availability, and that i should contact my isp for details of available products. Imagine my dismay to find that BT have no FTTP product available for my location, and no-one seems to know when, or even if they will be made available.  Is there usually a delay between network completion and product availability ?  I am currently paying an exorbitant £58.99 for a connection that ocassionally reaches the giddy heights of 13Mb, but more generally sits around 8.5Mb. Any info or suggestions for alternate providers would be appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Delay between Openreach network completion in an area and BT product availability

@Ironic_Clans 

If you only have an ADSL connection from BT, then you should not be paying more than £29.99 a month, including line rental. That is assuming you do not have any additional call packages or other products.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Delay between Openreach network completion in an area and BT product availability

Once WBC FTTP appears on this checker you will be able to order from BT.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

That's for a "fibre 2 package", out of contract, but dont want to renegotiate for the same when full fibre is (supposedly) on the Horizon.  I've been with BT forever, but the lack of information is really starting to grate on that final nerve..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Renegotiate your present package, when FTTP does become available you will be able to upgrade.

0 Ratings