cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Digital Voice preparation process

I have recently upgraded Broadband and have Smart Hub 2.  Yesterday I received an email that my landline was due to be upgraded to Digital Voice. I have checked several of the links there to get the idea, but the wider BT Customer Process Information here is not as clear as that of major product releases.

For example this email is not "the letter" than some have written about: no date has yet been set for my transition.

So I am to receive an official "Letter" which will give me options and timescales? I have read that one person received his letter the day before (presumably giving no time to order and receive items).

There are options in my email for BT Shop purchases and free items. Several issues here:

1. When I go the the link I am not allowed in because my Landline number is not accepted for the free options. Will this change when I receive my Letter with its timescale?

2. Will I choose the items, or will they be chosen for me? Will I be pre-informed what I am to receive?

3. My current configuration (using a mains link to the Hub) with phones along way from the Hub needs discussion, so I choose the right options (if I ever get a chance to choose). I get it that phones next to the Hub have connection options, but what about phones not near the Hub?

The issue of "calling plans" is also not clear. The statement is that the calling plan is not changed by the transition. However that may not be quite correct, or at least maybe it can now be changed by the user. Will I have different calling plan options on Digital Voice compared to now?

I cannot find procedural descriptions of this process anywhere (e.g. on My BT), as it affects me now.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital Voice preparation process

@RoyMS wrote:

1. When I go the the link I am not allowed in because my Landline number is not accepted for the free options. Will this change when I receive my Letter with its timescale?

Possibly

2. Will I choose the items, or will they be chosen for me? Will I be pre-informed what I am to receive?

You can choose between 1 advanced handset or 2 basic handsets

3. My current configuration (using a mains link to the Hub) with phones along way from the Hub needs discussion, so I choose the right options (if I ever get a chance to choose). I get it that phones next to the Hub have connection options, but what about phones not near the Hub?

With Digital Voice, the hub is a DECT (normal cordless technology) base station, hence the handsets can be used anywhere. The range of DECT is much greater than wifi.

The issue of "calling plans" is also not clear. The statement is that the calling plan is not changed by the transition. However that may not be quite correct, or at least maybe it can now be changed by the user. Will I have different calling plan options on Digital Voice compared to now?

Digital Voice doesn't change your calling plan per se, but deprecated calling plans will not be available to you if you re-contract. I.e, it depends on whether you are presently on a current calling plan or legacy calling plan.

I cannot find procedural descriptions of this process anywhere (e.g. on My BT), as it affects me now.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital Voice preparation process

Thanks.

I have gotten voucher access now to the BT Shop (perhaps a 24 hour delay?)

Some of the phones advertised are not available in the Shop at the moment.

I suspect I am on a legacy call plan. Hopefully I will be able to review these plans somewhere as I may like to change to a more suitable plan, once the Upgrade has happened.

I wonder how long I have to wait for the next stage?

0 Ratings