cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice

Go to solution

I've just had a four pages email from btcomms@info.bt.com headed "Your phone Service is changing to Digital Voice".

It's well-written, very clear and informative but has one flaw. On page 3 it says "Find out what to do if you rely on your phone line for services like monitored burglar alarms or assisted living devices such as a pendant alarm." I have a pendant alarm so I followed the link but it took me to https://www.bt.com/help  and there's no clear route from there.

Can anyone point me to the article please?

If you can, will someone please tell the Moderators about the flawed link? It needs to be corrected.

PS Is this the right forum?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice

Go to solution

from the help pages

If you have a monitored alarm that's connected to your landline (like a health pendant or monitored burglar alarm) you'll need to speak to your alarm provider before moving to Digital Voice.

Alarm providers are aware of the switch to Digital Voice and have a variety of solutions in place to make sure your services can continue. These might involve broadband or mobile technology; your alarm provider will discuss the best option with you. 

If you need to speak to us after contacting your alarm provider please call us on 0800 800 150.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078 

Essentially you need to speak to your local authority or company that supplies the pendent alarm. They would be well aware of the changes to moving to VoIP but may require to change the base alarm system to connect to the monitoring centre.

If this is a Telecare device you will be moved to a newer version of the product that can use the mobile network or connect to the Internet through your broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks both. I've just contact Gateway to Care who provide this service.

Much appreciated. I'll answer-mark your replies.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I answer-marked @imjolly's reply because he posted first but when I tried to answer-mark yours, the "mark as accepted solution" box had gone.

Every forum of which I'm a member allows at least two replies to be answer-marked but not here, it seems. Would one or both of you please suggest to the Moderators that this Forum should also allow two answer-marks. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hello, 

can you share the email you mentioned? I'd like to see the instructions to help elderly people in my family to prepare to this.

You can obviously remove any personal/confidential information if any.

Thx in advance

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings