cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 37

Re: Digital voice 'phones only work near your hub!

Go to solution

@Tmax wrote:

If using the patch cable from the hub to the old wiring, you should be able to plug that into any of the wall sockets, not just the master one. In my case the old master socket  is on a different floor to the ONT and modem.

If that can be done, then to disconnect the old wiring from the external system I only need to remove the master socket faceplate and put a blank on it ? Or is that to simplistic

Provided you have FTTP and not FTTC, otherwise you would lose your broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 37

Go to solution
Yes I am FTTP... I should have said.... with the ONT on the upper floor, the old master socket on the ground floor..... thanks
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 37

Go to solution

Right I was forwarded here from another part of the forum. We ordered home essentials for my mum as faster broadband speed. Unbeheld to me this comes with digital voice. I thought it was just routing calls over the internet so never took any notice of it. Only to find now it means something different. It seems to be poorly implemented as it affects a lot of people. 

I was offered two free sets which I took when I phoned back to query ‘digital voice’.

My mum’s setup was one phone line down stairs from master to living room. Router upstairs with router cable from master upstairs. Two phone lines upstairs but only one connected to the phone via extension.

This was done in the early ‘90’s. Broadband splitter is the actual phone socket itself.

Now would it be better to have the adapters or use the new phones?

He said one has to be plugged into the router. But surely if the phones are wireless they should connect the base units anywhere.

Could I reuse the old cabling and take it from the phone socket to the router and use adaptors or our the new phone a better bet. 

My mum had the  BT 4600 premium nuisance call blocker. Are these new phones up-to standard? 
Nothing is ever easy but thanks for any ideas. 

Just to add it is Fibre tthe Cabinet

Amir 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 37

Go to solution

the DV phones are cordless and connect using DECT to the SH2 which is the base station.  the phones come with a small base which acts as the phone charger and can be place wherever is suits and just plug charger into main electric socket.  being dect the coverage is better than wifi 

I don't understand your reference to master downstairs and master upstairs - there should only be one master phone socket in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 37

Go to solution

My mistake it’s from the master to upstairs. Just in case you don’t understand it’s the master socket I’m talking about. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 37

Go to solution

I have also been 'upgraded' and have 2 new digital handsets, which work fine for us.

I also plugged our old analogue phone network into the router and they work fine, both the corded BT Decor handsets and the BT2000 Trio walk about phones.

However the new digital and old anaolgue seem to be on different circuits.  If we pick up an incoming call on the corded handsets, the old walk about phones can join the call, but not the new digital phones.  So if we pick up a call in the study, where the corded handsets are, the new digital handsets are useless.

Any ideas?

Is the a different button to press, or can we buy corded digital phones?

As someone else said, BT support know very little about this. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 37

Go to solution

@Bemuzedukwrote:

I have also been 'upgraded' and have 2 new digital handsets, which work fine for us.

I also plugged our old analogue phone network into the router and they work fine, both the corded BT Decor handsets and the BT2000 Trio walk about phones.

However the new digital and old anaolgue seem to be on different circuits.  If we pick up an incoming call on the corded handsets, the old walk about phones can join the call, but not the new digital phones.  So if we pick up a call in the study, where the corded handsets are, the new digital handsets are useless.

Any ideas?

Is the a different button to press, or can we buy corded digital phones?

As someone else said, BT support know very little about this. 

They are separate and they have different features eg the digital handsets allow you to make/receive two calls at the same time. My suggestion would be to buy more digital handsets if you want more handsets, handsets of the same type makes more sense to me than a mix.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 37

Go to solution

do they have any corded digital handsets?  Otherwise they are always left in the wrong place.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

Go to solution

@Bemuzedukwrote:

do they have any corded digital handsets?  Otherwise they are always left in the wrong place.

I don't believe so. A simpler solution may be to not leave them in the wrong place, or there's an old trick my Mum used when I was a wee lad that stopped me from losing my gloves - it involved a length of elastic 😁

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 37

Go to solution

Hi, just had Digital Voice enabled, opened up the face plate of the Phone Connection but could not find  A nd B connection only had 2 and 5. I have an Openreach MK2 box, see below.

Where are the A and B connections located on my connection box and how do I disconnect them?

BT phone socket 2.jpg

0 Ratings