cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital voice

BT switched me to digital voice a couple of days ago and I followed the instructions to plug my existing handset (base station and answerphone) into the BT Hub 2 and it seems to work OK, including the three other handsets.  They have now sent me a new handset but I’m not sure why I need this?  I read about “pairing” the new handset with the BT Hub but am not clear about what this will offer.  I’m not seeing anything from BT explaining this, can anyone help please?

I also note that my answerphone has now reverted to BT’s answerphone service rather than my own in-house answerphone. I can’t find anything to tell me how to disable the BT service and thus default to my own answerphone.  Again, can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital voice

once you pair the DV phone to base then you can use that anywhere in your home in addition to existing phones.  did you get basic DV phone or premium with colour screen?  does it have Alexa built in?

if you go to MYBT and then DV you should see options available there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Have a look at the link that follows which gives an overview of the new DV service. It comes with a basic free answerphone service but you can switch it off (I believe) via My BT or Customer Services can do that for you via 150.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/what-is-digital-voice-and-how-can-i-get-it-

RIC9380
Message 4 of 4

Thanks. BT sent the basic DV phone and I'll try and set it up later.
I found how to switch-off BT voicemail: Go to www.bt.com/callingfeatures and click the Manage my calling features button. This will start an online order process. Put in your home number and postcode and confirm you're the BT account holder to continue.
Thanks for your response.
0 Ratings