cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital voice

I have just received an email saying I will be switched to Digital voice soon - first I have heard of this.  I have a phone with Call Protect which is brilliant at blocking unwanted calls. will this phone still work when I am switched over?

Can I opt NOT to switch to digital?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital voice

@Excitymouse 

You can carry on using your existing phone, it simply plugs into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, that is all you need to do, no extra equipment needed.

You cannot defer the switch to Digital Voice unless you have a care alarm which has not yet been upgraded.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

this has been covered numerous times on the forum and using the search facility will help

here is one of latest

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/DV-equipment/m-p/2191642#M79590

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Excitymouse   

1. You order a digital voice adapter and use your current old digital phone exactly as you do now.

2. Even without the DVA you can plug your old phone base station into the SH2.

3. I had call guardian phones for 4-5 years before DV. I embraced the new technology and opted for the Advanced Phone with Alexa and bought two extra HD phones. I have to say the new phones are excellent and light up like a Christmas tree when I receive a notification from Amazon! Highly recommended.

0 Ratings