cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Do not get BT broadband

Avoid BT at all costs. I have had horrendous internet for nearly a year and have complained in the past. I was finally told today that I have had a faulty hub all along but are refusing to offer any compensation for my problems. Poor customer service. Apparently the guaranteed speed is to the hub and not your device according to customer services.

Absolutely shocking. I would advise anyone to avoid BT like the plague, they do not value your customs at all.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Do not get BT broadband

All the speeds quoted by ISPs are connection speed to the router and this is what T&C refer to 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I have been paying £32 a month for internet that is a maximum of 10 mb despite being guaranteed 21mb. Absolute con artists. Apparently I am at fault for not knowing I had a dodgy hub, despite me complaining since September 2019 about the service.

Utter shambles. AVOID AVOID AVOID

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

So have you been getting the 21 to the hub then? You seem to be picking & choosing what info to post to have a rant about BT but they'd only not provide compensation if there were no speed issues on the part they are responsible for

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I can only check the speed from my computer. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times it has been at 21. Wifi is fine albeit running at 10 or below and wired connection is the same except it completely drops out a few times a day. It was BTs problem as it was the hub that they supplied that is supposedly the problem now 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hopefully I can make you feel better.

This is what I've had for the last ten years paying the same as you..  🙄🙄

Speedtest.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Lee81 

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

See how bad the connection actually is compared to estimated range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You can run a speed test from your Smrthub rather than your computer, or the my BT App on your smartphone.

All services from BT and all other suppliers are 'up-to' based on your line length from your connected cabinet. There are very many factors that affect your best possible speed.

It is not ideal, but all of this is in the 'small print/ of the service description/contract

0 Ratings