cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Drop users connected to HomeHub 4

Go to solution

Hello, I have a Homehub 4. I am working from home and live in a remote area so the bandwidth can be pretty poor. Sometimes I lose connectivity on web based conference calls usually when the rest of my household are connected to the internet and streaming etc. Is there a way on the console that I can kick them off the network and dont let them join back until I say so without having to leave the room and shout at everyone to stop using the internet lol

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Drop users connected to HomeHub 4

Go to solution

if you are using an ethernet connection and rest using wireless then you could just turn of the wifi from the hub

you need a 3rd party modem router which would allow you to prioritise your connection over others

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply @imjolly so it looks like the hub is limited in capability.

If I purchased a router that allows connection prioritisation do you know if you can weight or throttle connections?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yes many routers allow that facility.  Popular is tplink and more facilities the more expensive.  You can check the forum posts for suggestions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Yes, you can adjust priority.

I assume you are using a HH4 on an ADSL connection?

Then this router will allow you to control priority and bandwidth to each user.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/td-w9970/

Controls are applied per LAN IP address, so have to be reserved first via DHCP address reservation. I use that same router on my ADSL connection.