cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Due to migrate to Digital Voice - handset question

We've been notified we're migrating over to Digital Voice in a few days time. I understand how to connect my existing old DECT phones on migration day, however I have been wanting to upgrade my old handsets for a while now and never got around to it, so now might be the time to change to get the best out of Digital Voice.

I've noticed mention of the 'Advanced Digital Home Phone with Alexa built-in' but can't seem to find it in BT Shop for purchase, but have also read that sometimes BT send this phone upgrade for free.  I've followed the link to check if I am eligible but it says I am not.

So do I have to wait until migration day to check, or does that offer not apply any more, or will I be sent one regardless......if not how can I actually buy a set of these please? Are there better options available?

Finally (sorry) with Digital Voice will my existing call package transfer over or do I need to sign up for a new call package?

Thank you

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Due to migrate to Digital Voice - handset question

do you have a SH2 as that is required for digital voice?  if not one will be sent to you

you can try phoning CS 150 and ask for a digital phone either 1 advanced or 2 basic was what was on offer recently

no change to your call package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It's pretty standard for the link for free handset/s not to work. I used the SMS option and was sent a single essentials phone (which wasn't a listed option). I then called BT and they said they'd send an advanced handset. That was on 5th November and the order has been delayed ever since. I'm guessing they're out of stock. I've had no further contact regarding a migration date for Digital Voice either.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you.

Tried the SMS, so we'll see what happens. I'd want the Advanced Handset though too, the one with Alexa built in. Then I'll probably buy one or two more for around the house, however the BT Shop just shows an 'Advanced' handset, but never mentions about Alexa built in, so I am presuming that is an older version and the latest model isn't available. Would be useful if BT updated their product details page to at least show the Alexa model exists but is out of stock (if that's the case).

We've just migrated today, with our existing old DECT phones. Just unplugged from the master socket, plugged in to SH2, sorted. Just got to sort the phone handset upgrades out now.

0 Ratings