cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Email Accounts

Go to solution

Hi

I currently have one main account and two sub accounts.  All emails come into the main account and the relevant sub account.  We use Imap on both my wife's Windows Laptop and my own iMAC.  The synchronisation does not seem to work properly or consistently between the two accounts so although she deletes emails on her laptop they do not always delete on mine. Question 1: Any ideas how to sort the synchronisation? Question 2: Can we have two 'main' email accounts so that we each receive only our own specific emails?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Accounts

Go to solution

You have 3 discrete email addresses.

All email addresses are completely separate, they are only called sub accounts as the addresses belong to the main account holder. It is just an administrative thing, nothing to do with how the addresses operate. You can't delete emails from one email address and expect them to be deleted from another.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Liquorice

Thank you for your reply.  I have just re-checked what is happening and to clarify, all emails come to the dedicated accounts but I have been reading the 'All Inboxes' folder which shows all emails of course.  It is from here that emails are not always being deleted when they are from the individual accounts.  Another problem I will have to check is that my wife has informed all her contacts of her dedicated email address, some are still using the main (mine) address.  Thanks for making me think a bit more, but I may be back!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

That is a function of mail app(s) involved, not the BT mail system per se.

0 Ratings