cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Error watching BT Sport on FireTV

My Dad has a monthly BT Sports pass. He watches it on his TV through a Fire TV. In general it's been mostly working.
However recently on startup it's been giving the message "calibrating display" below the BT Sport logo before moving to a new page stating "Sorry there has been a problem. Please exit the app and try again later". The number 1.0.3 is displayed in the bottom left (version number or error code?). I tried restarting, no help. Internet connection is fine/good.

I've got him set up to watch the football on his computer instead for this evening, but he hates that and wouldn't pay the monthly fee to have to do that on a regular basis.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Error watching BT Sport on FireTV

Sorry to hear that @Gabloe  ... We've had a very small number of people report this, but we've been unable to replicate it so far. All signs point to it being a connection issue, as rebooting the router and device has always fixed it. Have you tried rebooting the router?

We're still trying to find a way to recognise this is happening and will do all we can to fix it.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response and for acknowledging the issue.

Yes I did try booting down the FireTV, rebooting the router and then restarting the FireTV. It made no difference.

When it happened before, it was just a question of keep retrying opening the app and eventually it worked. This evening it didn't.

Just in case it is of any significance, the setup is as follows:
Vodafone Wifi Hub >>>>>> Ethernet connection to Netgear Switch (GS908) >>>>>> Ethernet Connection to Fire TV

Just reflecting now - I didn't reboot the switch - maybe next time (I don't have access to it at the moment) I'll bypass that and test with:
Vodafone Wifi Hub >>>>>> Ethernet Connection to Fire TV

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I have this. It's drving me bats, and I'm on the verge of cancelling my BT sport because it's totally useless.

I have 2 x Amazon Fire Cube devices.

I have 2 x internet connections - both are BTW accounts, with two different providers (BT resellers) .

It's totally impossible to watch a game. If I'm lucky it will start, but after a few minutes I'm told "You have no Internet connection". I most definitely do have an Intenret connection as everything else works through it!

I've tried everything I can think of.

I've told force closing the app, clearing the cache, restarting the Fire TV Cube. Eventually one of these works (for a short while), but is it really acceptible to have to reboot six times during a match and miss half the match because of it?

I have the same problem with both Fire TVs, which are in different rooms - one using ethernet, one using wireless.

One of my work colleagues also has the BT service, exactly the same as me (provided through our work mobiles). He is using a BTW account with a BT reseller but different device to me (support Apple devices) but exactly the same issues.

Before this season it worked perfectly - no issues. This season I've not been able to watch a single game through BT to the end, instead resorting to other means, which amazingly seem to work better than the paid BT service!

I'm happy to work with BT support to troubleshoot this problem if this helps - I can reproduce this problem every single time a game is on - otherwise as I said I'm just going to cancel account as it's pointless paying for something that has this problem EVERY SINGLE TIME I try and watch a game. No joke. Even if work are paying for it instead of me!

Very annoyed....

0 Ratings