cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Activation

Hi, just looking a bit of advice please.

I ordered Full Fibre 100 on 16/01/21 after recently moving into a new build. Other properties in the development have FTTP installed at present. Initially, I was told that it would activate on 25/01/21, however about 20 minutes later I received an e-mail stating that it would be 05/02/21.

Yesterday, Openreach arrived and installed an ONT and I connected up the hub, however it is just showing an amber light. MyBT shows that the service activated on 25/01/21 despite the previous suggested delay. I have not received any correspondence informing me that the service has activated and I have checked the cables & reset the hub.

Will it be a case of having to wait until the 05/02/21 until the service activates or can I speak to someone at BT to remotely activate the service seeing as it is all connected up now?

Cheers for any responses.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Activation

try phoning the FTTP TEAM on 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

If the ONT PON Light is Solid but the Router has an Amber Light then the Profile Build hasn’t been done yet.

It’s done by something called a FLOW Process, certain activities trigger at certain times. I’m not entirely sure when the Profile Build happens?

The FLOW Process can be expedited but the one time I tried to get that done I almost pulled my hair out and gave up on it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks for the swift replies.

Yeah, I have three solid green lights on the ONT. Second light is off.

Rang the Fibre Team earlier for an update - a helpful guy I spoke to yesterday forwarded it on to a back office team who may be able to expedite it? At present though, it looks like it’ll be the 5th unless the build is done prior to that. Does that sound similar to your experience, starwire?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If its not connecting and BT are using Mac Security your mac address (on Router) may not be on system yet or indeed mis-typed This happens often on mac Security every pc or device get mac address and can be identified by it Virgin did it to me years ago cable in lights on not network , issue someone forgot to add my router mac. If done by IP6 similar problem. mac addresses are 12 chars if IP4 , Ip6 32 chars both easy to get wrong when typing in I expect one pc is used to say yes or no at this point and find it would prob take around 3-10 seconds to make changes why they make you wait 14 days for any standard switchover is ridiculous. Nothing changes bar change of port which also can be done via computer doing a remote access into switch involved and changes made to point to bt line still same 2 copper cables in house when they and the rest advertise fibre high speeds of 35-70mb, true fibre i.e optical cable from exchange to house can reach speeds of 900+mbs , Virgin offer 512mb (yes meg) on optical real fibre it will again increase to more once they update kit. A 5g modem if in good signal area gives speeds of 10-50Gbps 4g is slightly lower on 300mb 3g is measly 32mb 

0 Ratings