cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smarthub 2 Orange Light

Hi,

I received a text from BT on Monday 25th January 2021 telling me everything was ready to go for my Fibre 100 package. I purchased it opting not for a landline.

Today 28th January 2021, I plugged in my Smarthub 2 into the Openreach modem (ONT) via the WAN Port as per instructions but the light stays steady orange.

All the lights on the Openreach Modem are working.

I tried calling BT but never got through to anyone after a never ending queue for 45 minutes

Any solutions?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smarthub 2 Orange Light

The bit about all the lights on the ONT are working, if literal, is the problem.

The PON light should be permanently on with no flashes whatsoever and the LOS light should not be on at all 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes the PON light is on, constant steady green no flashes. The LOS light is off permanently 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I take it today was your activation date? if so, double check that the network cable from the ONT to the router is plugged in properly and, if there is more than one, connect to a different network port on the ONT.

If it still doesn't work then try a factory reset of the hub using a paper clip through the hole in the back

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Monday was the activation date, i only got round to setting up the Hub today.

The cables are all good and i only have the one port on my ONT. Tried factory reset to

My property is a new build, im not sure if that has anything to do with it

0 Ratings