cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

FTTP - Appears to disconnect/drop

Hello

I have had FTTP in my new house for about 4 weeks with a HomeHub2 and have connected to it Sonos, Sky Q and Alexa products - I seem to have issues with Sonos and Sky Q in particular and wonder if others have had similar issues or potential fixes.

Most of the time, everything is fine and it is never "down" for long periods.  However quite frequently I have had the following issues:

Sky Q - suddenly unable to connect to the network, 2nd box drops out.  I spoke to BT Support who advised trying a wired connection as the signal from Sky Q can clash(?) with the HomeHub2.  This seems better but not perfect, it dropped again last night.

Sonos - regularly (at least once per day) the system will not be discovered and the Sonos App says the system isn't found.  

Also similar issues to an iPhone 7 - possibly as it is a bit old, but I'd expect is should still work!

In both cases, by doing nothing other that wait (sometimes a while...) it all comes back up - however this is obviously VERY annoying.

I am also posting on Sonos/Sky forums to try and get support there but given it is both services it does seem like the clues point towards BT.

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTP - Appears to disconnect/drop

You cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks on the SH2 but you can change the wireless channels from auto to manual select.  The SKYQ uses channel 36 so make sure you select another channel either 44 or 48

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you, I have tried this and it seems a little better but has still lost the Sonos system a couple of times.

Does it take time to settle down or should I try and new channel?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8

You say a wired network is better but not perfect, is it the internet connection you're losing or the ability to connect to your home network? If the former then check the PON and LOS lights on the ONT, PON should be permanently on (no flashing at all) and LOS should be permanently off

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@AnonymousIt's the wireless that's dropping out. Getting a decent router would cure it presuming the OP doesn't have Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

@pippincp 

That's what I thought until I read " I spoke to BT Support who advised trying a wired connection as the signal from Sky Q can clash(?) with the HomeHub2.  This seems better but not perfect, it dropped again last night." that raised doubts in my mind

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

When I check the router the lights are on as normal (solid blue) but refreshing the Sonos app it just keeps saying unable to find system, same with the Sky issue.  So it appears there is internet, I am sure whilst these things have stopped working I've been able to get online on my phone.

Reference to the wired connection was only for Sky Q which is now running off a powerline adapter - but still has dropped once since making this change.

The ONT does NOT have a LOS light on.  The PON light IS on.

Message 8 of 8

The LOS should only light up for Loss Of Signal (LOS).

0 Ratings