cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

FTTP Ormskirk

We live on Ruff Lane Ormskirk L39. The internet speed is terrible as the cables are aluminium and we are over 1k from the nearest box.

With COVID the need to work from home has caused issues as the upload speed rarely gets over 0.2meg. This makes zoom/teams impossible. Also if someone tries to upload something everything else stops.

Openreach have been threatning to upgrade to fibre for 3 years - will I have to wait another 3 years or is this an imminent procedure?

kindest

Matt

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP Ormskirk

Only Openreach can answer that question for you.

2021-01-01 14_09_40-Fibre First_ Your future with broadband _ Openreach – Mozilla Firefox.png

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Anonymous  That tells me I can't get it, https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL  tells me I can.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9

@pippincp 

So which is right? I'd expect the OR one to be

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the replies, but I have already used these to try and find out and I am still none the wiser.

I keep an eye on local road closures by West Lancs with my fingers crossed, but it has been futile so far.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I should have explained the only thing that will fix this is the fibre roll out and that is what I am waiting for, I already have high speed broadband supposedly but as I stated earlier the upload speed is terrible at about 0.2-0.5 meg, which is why I need fibre.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Anonymouswrote:

@pippincp 

So which is right? I'd expect the OR one to be

The BTWholesale one, it's been available for about 3 months now.

Message 9 of 9

The FTTP roll out very rarely needs road closures.

0 Ratings