cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: FTTP red los light

Yea he mentioned he'd only been doing this for 6 months and I recalled what you said and my heart sunk a bit haha. So yea who knows when itl be fixed managed to book a few extra days off so hopefully itl be by Thursday 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

If you have the halo package, you should be sent a 4G mini hub to keep you connected.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Engineer rung me this morning, apparently the fault was caused by a moronic farmer hedge cutting and hes cut through a 300 mtr length, which is funny because about 20 minutes before I saw what must have been a 12 Yr old operating the tractor/hedge thing.....

So 100 plus are affected apparently so maybe that will get things moving 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

So after speaking to BT they are saying this could take 7-8 **bleep**ing weeks to sort! All thanks to some inbred cretin allowing his halfwit to drive a tractor. I am furious this is going to cost me probably over 1k renting an office space now. The 4g box doesn't work for me my voip phone requires wired connection plus the signal at home is diabolical. 

I honestly feel like going over to the farmers house (he lives close by)and beating the **bleep** out of him

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

The HUAWEI B535 4G router has ethernet ports and you can also fit two external aerials to improve reception - probably a cheaper option than renting an office!

Message 16 of 17

@Swaite78 

That repair is going to cost the farmer a lot of money, so I hope he has good insurance cover for third party damage, as Openreach normally pursue damages, and have a special team dedicated to it, as many have found out to their cost.

Unfortunately, as Openreach are almost certain to declare MBORC  (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control), you are not going to be able to claim compensation.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Spoiler
Thank you for the suggestion,  the problem is I live in the middle of nowhere getting even a bar of signal is rarity, 4g just barely works unfortunately but I do appreciate your thought honestly 
0 Ratings