cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Fibre 2 Speeds Still Capped at Fibre 1

Go to solution

Hi, I was moved from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 a couple of days ago but my speeds are still capped at those of Fibre 1.  I’ve rung BT only to be told that is the maximum I’ll receive and my Stay Fast guarantee is 41mb. I’ve explained that I’m close to the fibre cabinet and used to get speeds of around 76/20. The BT Wholesale checker shows my line is capable of 80/20 clean and the same values impacted. I noticed that my observed speeds are still capped at 54.99/12. The BT hub 2 says the same.

I explained to the BT advisor and he said that Fibre 1 speeds are 38mb max and Fibre 2 55mb max! I also explained that I’ve been with a couple of other FTCC providers before and always received almost maximum speeds for my line. He was insistent that my Stay Fast guarantee is definitely 41mb. It’s showing as Fibre 2 on my account now, but stats are Fibre 1. 

As I was in the cooling off period I’ve asked to be moved back to Fibre 1, but as a customer for a number of years I’m not happy. Please can someone help as I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall! 

Many thanks in advance 🙂

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Fibre 2 Speeds Still Capped at Fibre 1

Go to solution

I understand that the hub will do tests at various speeds for 7-10 days after install/reset before you get you actual speed.

My last two did - gradually increasing every couple of days.

Are you still within that?

@NorthernStarwrote:

Hi, I was moved from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2 a couple of days ago but my speeds are still capped at those of Fibre 1.  I’ve rung BT only to be told that is the maximum I’ll receive and my Stay Fast guarantee is 41mb. I’ve explained that I’m close to the fibre cabinet and used to get speeds of around 76/20. The BT Wholesale checker shows my line is capable of 80/20 clean and the same values impacted. I noticed that my observed speeds are still capped at 54.99/12. The BT hub 2 says the same.

I explained to the BT advisor and he said that Fibre 1 speeds are 38mb max and Fibre 2 55mb max! I also explained that I’ve been with a couple of other FTCC providers before and always received almost maximum speeds for my line. He was insistent that my Stay Fast guarantee is definitely 41mb. It’s showing as Fibre 2 on my account now, but stats are Fibre 1. 

As I was in the cooling off period I’ve asked to be moved back to Fibre 1, but as a customer for a number of years I’m not happy. Please can someone help as I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall! 

Many thanks in advance 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

Yes. It was Monday morning when I applied to upgrade to Fibre 2 over the live chat.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

if you connection currently is 54.99/12mb that would suggest with 12mb up speed that you are on fibre 2 and it may be a banding problem  stats will help decide

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution

Should I ring BT back and ask to remain on Fibre 2 for a few more days and I’ll keep an eye on whether the speeds increase or not? Sorry. It was Sunday morning when I spoke to live chat and was told I’d be upgraded by 11:59pm the same day.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

Ok. I’ll get the stats posted.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution
1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ33807062
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 (Type A) Last updated 03/03/19
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 01:23:00
6. Data rate:12000 / 54995
7. Maximum data rate:16517 / 63565
8. Noise margin:6.6 / 8.3
9. Line attenuation:10.2 / 11.3
10. Signal attenuation:10.1 / 11.3
11. Data sent/received:4.5 MB / 13.1 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-8912
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g (up to 54 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:6
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-89125g
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:48
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:18:62:2c:16:2f:4e
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution
on Exchange CROSS HILLS is served by Cabinet 6
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) NorthernStar_0-1625049870240.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) NorthernStar_1-1625049870242.gif
8076.2201971AvailableAvailable--
8074.2201967.8AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 14.5--12.5 to 16AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 14.5Up to 1.512.5 to 16AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 8--7 to 8AvailableAvailable--
2----AvailableAvailableYes
2----Available----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2021-06-02
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
21-06-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

are you using master socket and have you tried using test socket with filter to see if that helps

try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

your connection time is only 1hr is that manual reset or hub dropping connection

if you check mybt what package does it say you are on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings