cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Fibre 2 keeps disconnecting, had this issue for years!!

Hi all, 

after all these years as a Bt customer, on infinity 2 I’m still having this PPP LCP issue, I have HH6 type B, previously had a HH6 type A. and a HH5. But now it’s getting infuriating when my router goes off, it used to be at night but now it does it any time of the day , peak times and weekends included. It used to last a few minutes before but the past few months when it disconnects it doesn’t come back and stays flashing purple until I reset it. Sometimes it’s been more than an hour because we’ve been out, come home and it’s flashing purple and when I check the log after reboot it tells me when it went off via this ppp lcp termination request, it’s driving me crazy, I have been on to BT about this multiple times, but it’s all ways there’s nothing wrong with my line, apart from their own reboots (which seem to be more than every 2 weeks) or we’ll send you another router. I’ve had multiple engineer visits this year and they say everything seems to be fine. 2 of the visits was because they had disconnected my phone line somewhere so that affected my broadband but the last engineer said that won’t happend again because he fixed my phone line back in properly at the cabinet or exchange because it was loose. Anyway I’ve now put in a tplink archer vr400 but still get these ppp lcp disconnections which change the line stats all the time. The longest I’ve had up time has been about 6 days and that’s rare! Then it will go off on random days sometimes twice a day. I’m at my wits end as this is the only service I can get in my area. Somebody please help! I have done a quiet line test with a corded phone straight to the test socket and all seems quiet, I have a mk2 faceplate.

please could the experts here help as I don’t know what else to do now

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Fibre 2 keeps disconnecting, had this issue for years!!

My snr usually sits around 6 up and 3 down

my speed is usually around 69mbps down and 18mbps up (that’s not an issue)

line/ signal attenuation is usually 21/ 17

but the ppp user disconnects is the real issue!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

PPP LCP send termination request (user request)

Hi all, 

after all these years as a Bt fibre customer I’m still having this PPP LCP issue, I have HH6 type B, previously had HH6 type A. But now it’s getting infuriating when my router goes off, it used to be at night but now it does it any time of the day , peak times and weekends included. It used to last a few minutes before but the past few months when it disconnects it doesn’t come back and stays flashing purple until I reset it. Sometimes it’s been 3 or 4 hours because we’ve been out, come home and it’s flashing purple and when I check the log after I reboot, it tells me when it went off via this ppp lcp termination request, it’s driving me crazy, I have been on to BT about this multiple times, but it’s all ways there’s nothing wrong with my line, apart from their own reboots (which seem to be more than every 2 weeks) or we’ll send you another router. I’ve had multiple engineer visits this year and they say everything seems to be fine. 2 of the visits was because they had disconnected my phone line somewhere so that affected my broadband but the last engineer said that won’t happend again because he fixed my phone line back in properly at the cabinet or exchange because it was loose. Anyway I’ve now put in a tplink archer vr400 but still get these ppp lcp disconnections which change the line stats all the time, although these seem to last about 2 mins at the moment but my download speed reduces every time. The longest I’ve had up time has been about 4 days and that’s rare! Then it will go off on random days sometimes twice a day. I’m at my wits end as this is the only service I can get in my area. Somebody please help! I have done a quiet line test with a corded phone and all seems good. 
please could a mod help?

is this BT tinkering with the line?

what exactly is this ppp lcp termination thingy?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Re: PPP LCP send termination request (user request)

Try connecting it up as shown below, and leave it that way for a week or so, to see if you still get the errors. Also make sure that any extension wiring is connected to the extension terminal block.

The message you are getting indicates too many errors on the line, but you need to eliminate any internal wiring issues.

nte 5c testing from test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Thank you so much for replying, at the moment I have a mk2 face plate with just the 3 metre rj11 in the top and the phone line in the bottom. No filter is needed. So shall I take the face plate off and plug directly to the test socket using a filter, do I need to put the phone line into the filter or can I leave it off?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Could there be an issue with the mk2 faceplate? Is it worth me changing it to a mk4 or would that not make a difference?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

@Raj1015 wrote:
Could there be an issue with the mk2 faceplate? Is it worth me changing it to a mk4 or would that not make a difference?

Its not worth changing it at this point. Make sure any extensions are connected to the removable front section.

So you have this master socket, is that correct?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1598172338353.png

They give a lot of problems.

You need to take it a part, and connect a microfilter directly to the "real" test socket, as shown below.

mk 3 nte all parts.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Test like this and leave it that way for at least a week.

infinity_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Yes that’s the faceplate I have.

ok I’ll try connecting directly to the test socket using a filter. I’ll report back in a week or so to see if it’s all good. Thanks for your help Keith 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Its important that you fully remove the filter plate, as there are a lot of components on the circuit board which can cause problems, however is often just the interconnections that can become tarnished, and make a bad connection.

0 Ratings