cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: Fibre help! Being told cabinet full/not full now told fibre not available? Open reach said it wa

Go to solution

I'm not sure where you think the 'problem' lies.

Neither your current provider or any other provider can provide you with an FTTC service as your cabinet is full.

FTTP is available to you to order from any ISP that offers it. Unfortunately those ISPs are few and far between. There is nothing for Openreach to investigate.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Re: Fibre help! Being told cabinet full/not full now told fibre not available? Open reach said it wa

Go to solution

I am asking open reach, surely this is the logical thing to do. They are able to put me on the list for when a space appears if you are right? (There is no other way to do this)

you sound annoyed😂

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

The most sensible thing to do IMO is dump "Shell" and go for Full Fibre FTTP with a provider such as BT or Zen.

Thousands of people who are on FTTC ADSL etc  would give their right arm for FTTP.

It all seems so easy to me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

@Snowy106  No, the public can't deal directly with Openreach for a start, only ISPs can. There is supposed to be a waiting list but nobody believes there is one, it is first come first served when a port becomes vacant. It is unlikely that the cabinet will be expanded with extra capacity as FTTP is available so the only time a port will become free is if a customer ceases their service.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you, I am in touch with them and they seem ok with it. I guess I will see if they manage to help me or not. Worth waiting to hear what they say.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Good luck, still not sure what you are expecting Openreach to do. They certainly won't put you on any waiting list even if one exists.

As @busterboy1  says, just go for FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Hi@licquorice , @Snowy106 

I echo that.  It is a total non brainer

0 Ratings