cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre network

Go to solution

G.Network has just dug up our road to lay fibre optic cables.  Can those cables be used by BT?  I see no need to change my provider and Email address, but would like full fibre.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre network

Go to solution

No, BT only use the Openreach network. G Network are an AltNet provider and do not supply wholesale for other ISP's.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

In the same vein.

A company called Trooli has just finished pulling a fibre cable from the local BT fibre cabinet to the BT access point outside our property.

Can I assume that it will also be the case as above and if so WHY can’t BT lease one of the fibres to connect to me?

I do not want to loose either our email addresses nor my Landline phone number by changing providers just to replace the current short copper connection (which is detriorating) to a totally new provider!

Colin.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Same answer as above.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for responding.

Thought that would be the case, bit of a shame though.

Colin

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@colpatbenwrote:

Thought that would be the case, bit of a shame though.

Colin

I would change in a heartbeat. I am far too old to wait for Openreach/BT to make available proper fibre. This despite the need to change email addresses. That said, there are no plans by any one provider to update our wee town full of pensioners! Still, FTTC does the job for now so I suppose I cannot grumble too much.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

You don't need to change email addresses. If you only use webmail, you can keep your addresses as basic mail which is free. If you want to use a mail client or smartphone app, then you can keep the addresses as premium mail at a cost of £7.50/m

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

OK Colin. 

0 Ratings