cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre to Exchange but not to House

Bt have charged me for 18 months for fibre, they said when I first asked for it that it was available at the exchange but doesn't go to the house as it has copper wiring. I agreed to stick to the copper wiring and wait until new wires are laid. For 18months they have charged me for fibre and now halo. I only realised today as our wifi is so bad now. I called and said why have you been charging me for 18 months and they said that because I had not mentioned it before they wont refund me and that I do have fibre to the exchange but just not to the house. The man could not see how this is pointless for me. Is anyone else paying for fibre to an exchange that doesn't transfer to their house. Bearing in mind BT told me they couldnt give me fibre. I just thought I was paying a line rental for my phone and broadband. I think this is wrong.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre to Exchange but not to House

To check what type of broadband you have can you post a screen print of the stats from your BT hub.

http://bthomehub.home  

From the top Menu
> Troubleshooting
> Helpdesk

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Are you sure you've not been paying for fibre to the cabinet which is a very common way of delivering fibre broadband? You should have been given an estimated speed range when signing up too

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

All Exchanges are Fibre to the Exchange as that’s how the Core Network is interconnected.

As mentioned are you sure you don’t have FTTC, which is Fibre to the Cabinet, aka PCP, aka Green Box in the street.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is no difference in price for a particular speed regardless of the method of delivery with BT, so if you had ( for example ) 80Mb ‘fibre 2’ ( or whatever it’s called ) then the price is the same for FTTP or FTTC , both can deliver that speed but obviously if you are some distance from the ‘cab’ then FTTC may not be the full 80Mb , but FTTP will because distance isn’t a factor.
0 Ratings