cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Fibre to the whole village except my street?

Seeking some advice on how to best raise this issue.  It seems that, when FTTP was installed to our village a couple of years back, they missed out one street, mine and so I'm stuck with pretty poor speeds.  The street also has the local primary school on too and i know they've had a nightmare trying to run the various online Google learning stuff they do.

Is this likely to have been an error?  Can i get BT or Open-reach to come and put a few more CBTs up (there are CBT boxes on the turning to our street etc).  Really grateful for any help!

jimbob010_2-1620644420866.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre to the whole village except my street?

@jimbob010 

Only Openreach can tell you that. This is just a BT Retail customer forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Keith.  I'd hoped to get a steer here.  Open reach have stated that they are a wholesaler and work on behalf of the providers who are the ones who decide what goes where.  Since I'm with BT, this seemed like a sensible place to start.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

As there is already FTTC provision, I doubt very much that providers are going to ask Openreach to invest in more infrastructure. It would need a number of providers to want this sort of upgrade, for Openreach to spend the money.

There are plenty of areas with only slow ADSL services, that would get priority.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks.  Is it usual that a whole village is done but a single street (that is fairly central in the village) would get missed off?  Thats the bit I'm struggling with and wondering if there has been a mistake.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

you would need to take that up with openreach as @Keith_Beddoe posted as there is no connection from here to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@jimbob010 wrote:

Thanks.  Is it usual that a whole village is done but a single street (that is fairly central in the village) would get missed off?  Thats the bit I'm struggling with and wondering if there has been a mistake.

Try picking an address which does have FTTP, and see if there are any other options available to them. Its quite possible that many of the addresses were EO lines, or only ADSL was available.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi Keith.  Thanks for responding.  Having Googled you, it seems you're a bit of a legend n these forums.

The addresses around the corner have ADSL Multicast and VDSL multicast.  If anything, our lane is a bit more rural and you'd prob call the others streets.  It seems the CBT black boxes on poles simply stopped at our lane.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

It is unusual they'd miss just one street, although it isn’t unlikely. 

Do you know if the FTTP Installed in the Village was funded solely by Openreach or was it BDUK Funded? 

If it’s the latter it’s possible they ran out of funding before the completed the build on your street. I know of at least half a dozen places BDUK started an FTTP Build but abandoned it due to funding. One of said half a dozen has been waiting for over 3 years now for it to be completed.

0 Ratings