cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Final question on my Fibre 100 install - not got a clue where the box will go

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you can help me as I'm so confused.

Tomorrow, we have a BT engineer arriving to install Fibre 100 and we are confused;

1- what will be being installed

2- where it will go

We have standard broadband from a standard line.  I've attached a photo of our standard socket which is on the side of the window.

If anyone can provide any details to help us prep for tomorrow, that would be good. Is it just this which has to be replaced?  Do they need to add a new bigger box (which I think they do?)? Where will this go?  Does it need to go near here?  

Thanks in advance, the comms from BT have not been great.

phoneline.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Final question on my Fibre 100 install - not got a clue where the box will go

Will it be FTTP or G.Fast?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Final question on my Fibre 100 install - not got a clue where the box will go

Errrm good question! It’s only 130 MB if that helps?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Not really as the same speeds are supplied by both methods. If G.Fast he install angineer may change the socket faceplate. If FTTP a fibre line will be brought into the property and an ONT fitted.

If you enter your number HERE it will show if WBC FTTP is available, if not then it will be G.Fast.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks!  It says...

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2013. the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As @pippincp  said, the only change might be the faceplate of the master socket.

0 Ratings