cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 87

Re: Fingers crossed!

Yes that's what I was thinking.  I've booked the day off work anyway, and can't go anywhere, so I'll just patiently.. or not..   wait!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 87

I'd read the info here on engineer visits - https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/coronavirus-delivery-installations-and-repairs

It may well only be external work that is possible just now

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 87

I've seen that.  It says the installation may go ahead if the work indoors is limited.

All I need is about 3 metres of cable and the box fitting. 

Im down for a 1 stage install. 

So fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 87

@TorquayMarc  When did you place the order for FTTP?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 87

27th December

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 87

Then  the install will go ahead. It is only new orders from 6th Jan that are delayed until March.

Message 17 of 87

A lovely text from BT this morning.

Hello, BT here. Your engineer will be with you on 26 Jan 2021, arriving 1pm - 6pm. So please remember to be home to let them in. If you can't, you can change your appointment at bt.com/ordertracking/?order_id************** or by calling 0800 587 4787.
If you already have broadband, there might be a short break in service while we connect you to Full Fibre. But don't worry, we'll get you back online as quickly as we can. You can find out more about what will happen during your appointment at bt.com/fullfibre-nextsteps

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 87

@TorquayMarc 

Winner winner chicken dinner. 😃

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 19 of 87

I'm so jealous! 🙃 After I talked to the fttp team (Mark) and was promised I was going to get a phone call from the sales team to sort out my account, I was let down and the phone call never happened. I decided to wait until march and hopefully installations will resume and I will be able to upgrade without all the fuss and workarounds... Please keep us updated how the installation is going and maybe take a few photos as well. 😛

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 87

My SmartHub2 just arrived...  smartly the same as the one it's replacing except 1 of ethernet ports is marked as a WAN. 

I plugged it in, and changed all the settings over etc  now its up and running and awaiting fibre.

Will the modem automatically disable then one the WAN is plugged in and phone line is unplugged?

0 Ratings