cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Fttp availability

Hi fttp recently became available in our area,light source installed the fibre network from our cabinet all way to the pole outside our house.

Now when I go to bt's availability checker it says not available but if I click on every other house on my street it is available to order.

Wouldn't mind but I built an annexe on my house a few years ago for my father who passed away and the annexe was sold on and that has availability and were basically the same house share the same pole everthing. Could anybody shed any light on how to get this sorted as by just refer to the availability checker which keeps showing up as not acailable.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Fttp availability

@jjonine1 

are you currently with BT?

What does the broadband checker give you for available products?  Use your landline number (if you are on BT) or address, and post back the results, but remove your number or address as this is a public forum. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 18

I'm currently with Vodafone home broadband 

The results from the broadband checker 

Cabinet E2
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) jjonine1_0-1590568588978.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) jjonine1_1-1590568588989.gif
15.28.81.20.86.4AvailableAvailable
15.27.91.20.65.6AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
1----Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

Yet if I use the address for the adjoining property annex fttp is available yet were both on same cabinet same line pole ect.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

The results using adjoining house 

FLOCKTON is served by Cabinet E2
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) jjonine1_0-1590568976090.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) jjonine1_1-1590568976095.gif
15.28.81.20.86.4AvailableAvailable
15.27.91.20.65.6AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 330Up to 50--Available1 Stage
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
1----Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Trees.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787

Message 6 of 18

Spoke to the fttp team this morning even they admitted it was strange that all houses were available but not ours.

They have sent a query off to openreqch as they think it could be a database issue and will hopefully get back to within 5 days.

Message 7 of 18

@jjonine1wrote:

Hi fttp recently became available in our area,light source installed the fibre network from our cabinet all way to the pole outside our house.

Now when I go to bt's availability checker it says not available but if I click on every other house on my street it is available to order.

What service are you hoping for, FTTP or FTTC ?

I don't understand you comment above "light source installed the fibre network from our cabinet all way to the pole outside our house."

FTTP is not delivered from a cabinet.  Furthermore FTTP is not availble to you according to the checker.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

@pompey1898  The OP clearly states what he is looking for and houses on both sides can get FTTP.

Also see here. https://www.lightsourceuk.net/ 

Message 9 of 18

I'm already on a fttc connection albeit with 2km of copper between me and the cabinet which makes for a slow unstable connection.

There are 10 houses in our area and fibre has been brought as far as the poles outside our house and ended in a fibre node and now but are taking orders for fttp if u look at earlier post 9 of the houses on availability checker say good news you can have fibre 250 but my address only shows up the offer of super fast 1 so checked by wholesale and for some strange reason only mine says fttp not available even though all houses on same cabinet 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Hi @pippincp ,

I was confused as @jjonine1 keeps referrring it "coming from a cabinet".  Unless I have got it totally wrong, FTTP does not come from a cabinet does it ?  That is why I asked my question.