cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Full Fibre And Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi, I have recently been upgraded to the digital voice service, does this mean I have full fibre to my house? I know they have been installing full fibre as I spoke to one of the guys running the cables but MY BT does not show full fibre available? Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Full Fibre And Digital Voice

Go to solution

@Racingsnake46 wrote:

Hi, I have recently been upgraded to the digital voice service, does this mean I have full fibre to my house? I know they have been installing full fibre as I spoke to one of the guys running the cables but MY BT does not show full fibre available? Thanks.

No, FTTC users are also being migrated to BT Digital Voice. Your existing copper connection will only carry the broadband and not the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Digital voice is supplied via both fibre and copper.

Do you connect the DSL port of your hub to a phone socket or do you connect a WAN port to a fibre ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

not necessarily as you can have DV with FTTC  you do not need FTTP to get DV.  I have DV and FTTC

you just need internet connection and SH2 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I have FTTC and was going to upgrade to FTTP, until BT messed up my order. They did, however, send me 2 Digital Home phones. Do you have a link on how to set them up

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

you need to be using the SH2.  then need to check in hub manager that your phone number is shown and active.   if active then select phone number and you can pair the DV phones from there and much easier then using WPS

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, thx for the reply. I've just looked at my Hub Manager and the section with the phone handset area says it's not configured. Is this something that I can do or do BT need to enable it?

Thx

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Have you been advised by BT that you are being moved to digital voice?  if so then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 but if no notification of DV change then just need to wait

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thx. No I haven't been advised that I'm moving o DV, so will wait.

Thanks

0 Ratings