cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Halo900 + Audit

Hi,

I am auditing BT's Halo 900 + service, guaranteed speed of 450Mbps barely get 270Mbps, most of the phone staff is very unhelpful, out of about 10 calls I've received two genuine people who wanted to help from their CS team. It is worse than VM, to be honest. I don't know if this is due to a lack of training or something else. I've had their Halo 900 service for almost 2 months now the first bill is almost 100 pounds. Yet, they were unable to identify the problem that the kit they sent out to me only had cat 5 cables and no cat 6 cables to connect the white fibre box to the hub, so for the past month or so, I've been getting an error the test on the WIFI application fails even on the website it fails.

When I eventually got someone who wanted to help her name was Katherine, and she identified the issue that, it's due to the fact that my cables are cat 5 and I should have a red cat 6 cable however, none was included, not only that Open Rech just stuck a random grey cat 5 ethernet cable. 

I have two questions, as I was told that I have many devices connected, and the guaranteed speed isn't available i.e, I was told "well we can't give you the guaranteed speed for all your devices" which brings me to the point is this true I have gone and read T&Ss and I don't see that stated.

My second question is, they sent out an expert tech time, a young Indian girl and she never noticed the cat 5 wire issue, and secondly, I had to buy another service the one with the extra disc ask my signal wasn't reaching my front room. That has been resolved and I don't have an issue with that.

Sorry, I tell a lie I have three questions, my 3rd question is can I get a refund or credit on the next bill, as BT have failed in providing the correct equipment and it shouldn't be incumbent upon me to pay the entire bill, I feel like I should only pay about 20 pounds if that, and be refunded/credited on my next bill for this issue.

I was credited 40 because they didn't connect me on the promised date! So had no internet the kids were going nuts. 

My red cable is coming today, hope it's a cat6 cable and not just a red cat5 cable.

By the way, at one point I was getting up to 750mbps that only lasted for about 3 days. So, I find it a little patronising when they tell me the issue is to do with my WiFi card, or that when I connect an ethernet cable it's due to my PC/LAP top being slow. Once the cable comes, I will update you guys. Currently, if someone could answer my questions would really appreciate that.

Maimum speed I've got since I've been having the issue.Maimum speed I've got since I've been having the issue.credited 40 because they didn't connect my BB on the promised datecredited 40 because they didn't connect my BB on the promised dateservices in use.services in use.Can't fix problem.Can't fix problem.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Halo900 + Audit

Here is another problem... See my WiFi signal at the top full but router saying it is poor. 😢

Screenshot_20210909-061911_My BT.jpg

 im sitting next to the router. 🙄🧐🧐🧐

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Cat5 or cat6 won't make the slightest difference to speed.

What speed do you get if you make a direct PPPoE connection from your PC to the ONT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

About between 250 and 300. I was told that was the issue that it was just a cable, I needed a cat 6 cable. So I don't know why they've told me that, if that isn't the case, I'm noting all the contact down with BT. If it doesn't get sorted out then I've been misssold which is a serious issue. I really don't know what else to do, they keep telling me either it's my equipment or I need to upgrade, I don't mind the 750, to 850 speeds I was getting for a few days. Now everything fails, connection tells me it's poor, when I check in the application. No one is really willing to help other than trying to up sell me. They even sold me a simcard which I told I don't want it to be over 5 pounds a month got a contract saying it's an EE 20 a month 12 month contract had to call EE to get it sorted out. I don't know what else to do they're playing be and messing me about. I don't want to go down the line of having to report BT/OpenReach. I  was told I'd find someone sensible on the forums.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

The other thing to remember is that FTTP is a heavily contended service, up to 32 people can be sharing  the 2.5Gbps backhaul.

Have you tried at different times of the day?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Yes tried at all sorts of times, peak non peak 3am, 2am, 7am etc, its all logged on speed test. I'd just be happy with at least the speed I was promised of 450mbps. Even on a single device I can't get that. I don't understand how it's dropped from 750mbps to around 300. I'm paying a lot of money for this.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Spoke to Lindsy cs faults team 12:13 thus 6 Sep, she said (promised me she'll get it all sorted it out) you can't make this stuff up, they've gone and sent me a cat 5 cable again Lindy said she'll sort it out, and send me the proper cable tomorrow, so I've told her I'll trust her to take care of it, and she's promised me she will, let us see how this goes. now, totally getting mugged off daylight robbery, I'm taking it easy on them.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Nothing at all to do with the cat5e cable, its more than adequate for 1gig speeds.

Can you confirm you created a pppoe connection between laptop and ont not the smart hub and that you only got 200meg download?

Message 9 of 28

@AuditingHalo900  The cable is not the problem, the grey, yellow and red are all CAT5e cables which are more than adequate for a 1Gb connection given they are only 1m in length. CAT6 cable is unnecessary until 50m+ length cables.

Message 10 of 28

List it, tell EXACTLY how to do it...
0 Ratings