cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Help connecting WPS printer to Smart Hub 2

Hi

I have a Samsung ML 2165 printer which I am trying to connect to my smart Hub 2 using the WPS function. I've pressed the WPS button on the printer and then on the side of the hub, but they are not connecting. I've checked the My network on the hub and it does not show as a device. 

Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so did you ever resolve it? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Help connecting WPS printer to Smart Hub 2

First, make sure you have turned off 'Smart setup' on the hub. https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

Secondly, it is better to enter the wireless passkey and connect the printer manually rather than use WPS.

Edit: Some devices get confused with both wifi bands having the same SSID, you can try turning off the 5Ghz wifi (assuming the printer is 2.4Ghz) and then once connected turn it back on.

Message 3 of 10

@David52 and @licquorice 

This is exactly the situation I found myself in. My Epson simply refused to play WPS connection.

@licquorice suggestion worked for me earlier this year.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi

Thanks for this. I just want to make sure I have the process correct as I’m moving into unknown territory.

Once I’ve turned off  the Smart setup, I presume that I have to use the printer’s WPS option to try logging in. At this point I can then input the pass key on the hub?

The printer is pretty basic and only has a on/ff button and a WPS button.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Personally I would forget about trying to connect via WPS and connect manually using the wireless passkey. The manual is pretty comprehensive https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/samsung-ml-2165-laser-printer-series/17156968/manuals

Have a look at page 104 onwards. You need to be in infrastructure mode.

You could try connecting via WPS once you have turned off smart setup.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thanks. Looks like a bit of light reading for the weekend.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Did you not get a setup disc with your Samsung laser printer?  When I got my Samsung a year or so ago there was a setup disc which helped

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 10

Unfortunately I got the printer some time ago. I’m not sure where the discs are now. I’m going to try manually setting it up on the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

There's nothing to do on the hub, everything is done on the printer.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Try going to Samsung web pages and see if you can download the setup files for your printer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings